“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Holy Nunra is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.479 billion Holy Nunrans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Holy Nunran economy, worth 51.6 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Cheese Exports, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 34,886 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
In life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, smoking is banned in public areas, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Holy Nunra's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holy Nunra was endorsed by The Republic of Myur Arditt.
- : Holy Nunra was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Holy Nunra was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Holy Nunra was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Holy Nunra was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Nunra, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Holy Nunra was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Holy Nunra, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Nunra, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Holy Nunra, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Saciu, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Erinor, Quiescent, Tsunamy, Volaworand, Luddinlande, Awjan, Aidenfieeld, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aywhyou, Beepee, Hanguk-Nippon, Jaxon, Sedunn, Xandev, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Auphelia, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Ostanasia, Wehraboos, Wyatonians, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Akindom, Drugged Monkeys, Dasko, Churumduul, The Filippinas, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Agalaesia, Qvait, Ariankido, North Prarie, Pays de Loire, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, Imperial Duck, New Briantown, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, and 10 others.Dorev, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Mapico, Romanus Terrae, Phanama, Direwolf1, Qawe, and Myur Arditt.