“There is too much SPANK business agwon”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its teetotalling pirates, frequent executions, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.053 billion Hoochlandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barkampton. The average income tax rate is 89.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hoochlandian economy, worth 586 trillion dogfoods a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 144,656 dogfoods, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Guns don't kill people heroes do, fireworks and other big bangs are forbidden during the newest public holiday, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, and brain injury is seen as a desirable outcome rather than a side effect of contact sports. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Hoochlandia's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hauhauism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hoochlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Hoochlandia, brain injury is seen as a desirable outcome rather than a side effect of contact sports.
- : Following new legislation in Hoochlandia, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Following new legislation in Hoochlandia, fireworks and other big bangs are forbidden during the newest public holiday.
- : Hoochlandia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Wizardonia.
- : Hoochlandia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Arklanda.
- : Hoochlandia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Hoochlandia endorsed The Kingdom of Arklanda.
- : Hoochlandia endorsed The Liberal Tropical Emirates of Velkia and the Islands.
- : Hoochlandia endorsed The Grand Duchy of Wizardonia.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Ruinenlust, Middle Barael, Lura, Terrabod, Atsvea, Turbeaux, Novian Republics, Effazio, Verdant Haven, Frieden-und Freudenland, Candlewhisper Archive, Kawastyselir, Feladria, Canaltia, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Love and Nature, Anachronolandia, Ashrah, Ownzone, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Bananaistan, Eryndlynd, Simbolon, Tscharva, East Stederland, Forgotten Beauty, The Most Serene Republicans, Crowacia, Kannap, Garbelia, Hyon Delta, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Kepler-0085, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Daarwyrth, Uan aa Boa, Ordealius, Roless, Jutsa, Caterasia, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, East Skirsburg, The World Wildlife Fund, New Latin Locality, Alsakah, New Ladavia, Arklanda, and Wizardonia.