“Vox Populi, Vox Dei”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Republic of Human InSanity is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion, hatred of cheese, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 665 million Human InSanityians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 57.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Human InSanityian economy, worth 18.8 trillion InSanities a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 28,338 InSanities, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Newspapers may not print any negative stories about the government, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, unsolved crimes are often pinned on veterans with PTSD, and wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Human InSanity's national animal is the Human, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Human InSanity's influence in Shinka fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Human InSanity's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Human InSanity applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Human InSanity relocated from The Pacific to Shinka.
- : Human InSanity relocated from The West Pacific to The Pacific.
- : Human InSanity relocated from Adven to The West Pacific.
- : Human InSanity resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Human InSanity's influence in Adven rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Human InSanity relocated from Shinka to Adven.
- : Human InSanity was endorsed by The Republic of German Defence Force VI.