“Liberty Through Sovereignty”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Artificial Solar System
The Nomadic Peoples of Hunno-Thuringia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates and devotion to social welfare. The democratic, devout population of 3.563 billion Hunno-Thuringians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 53.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Hunno-Thuringian economy, worth 120 trillion silver coins a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,941 silver coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, the government seizes all major gold finds, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, and political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hunno-Thuringia's national animal is the Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hunno-Thuringia's influence in Artificial Solar System fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Hunno-Thuringia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Hunno-Thuringia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Hunno-Thuringia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Hunno-Thuringia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Hunno-Thuringia relocated from Non Conformists Unite to Artificial Solar System.
- : Hunno-Thuringia's influence in Non Conformists Unite rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Hunno-Thuringia relocated from Artificial Solar System to Non Conformists Unite.
- : Hunno-Thuringia was endorsed by The Real Folk Blues of Cowboy Bebop.
- : Hunno-Thuringia was endorsed by The Black Eyes of BlightBaneXXI.