“As we do Sow, Tend, and Harvest as will we Reap”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Commonwealth of Huxely is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The quiet, industrious population of 682 million Huxelyians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Huxelyian economy, worth 7.18 trillion Beads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Uranium Mining. Average income is 10,522 Beads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, the family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year, some electoral districts are without a representative as they are stuck with perpetual revotes, and cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Huxely's national animal is the Huxelyian Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Non-homogeneous Tessellation of Anachronolandia.
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Following new legislation in Huxely, cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Huxely, some electoral districts are without a representative as they are stuck with perpetual revotes.
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Keep Me Around 400 Endos of Concrete Slab.
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Imperial Duck.
- : Huxely's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Huxely was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Aumeltopia, Saciu, Erinor, Agalaesia, Quiescent, Hanguk-Nippon, Amerion, Wehraboos, Ostanasia, Academy of Umbrellas, Land Without Shrimp, Mew Nation, Aidenfieeld, Qawe, Pays de Loire, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Filippinas, Tsunamy, Barabarom, Changolandia, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Dasko, Xandev, Rebel-topia, Farengeto, United Federated States of Omega, Qvait, North Prarie, Luddinlande, Ariankido, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Imperial Duck, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, and Anachronolandia.