“Mood: Equality before the law - even at twilight”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The San Fran-Oakland Bay Bridge of I 80 is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Eisenhower with an iron fist, and renowned for its enslaved workforce, national health service, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.137 billion Highwaymen are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lincoln. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Roadworthy economy, worth 183 trillion tolls a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 85,948 tolls, with the richest citizens earning 8.0 times as much as the poorest.
College athletes are arrested for selling lemonade, Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested, discarded pennies litter the streets, and a TV celebrity dominates the nation's newest democratic political party. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. I 80's national animal is the Murcielago, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Constructionist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : I 80's influence in California rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : I 80 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in I 80, a TV celebrity dominates the nation's newest democratic political party.
- : Following new legislation in I 80, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in I 80, Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested.
- : Following new legislation in I 80, college athletes are arrested for selling lemonade.
- : Following new legislation in I 80, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents.
- : I 80's influence in California rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : I 80 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : I 80 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.