“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Fiefdom of Iaeou is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.06 billion Iaeouans are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.9%.
The strong Iaeouan economy, worth 125 trillion rubles a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales. Average income is 41,172 rubles, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 117,110 per year while the poor average 11,552, a ratio of 10.1 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework. Crime is a problem. Iaeou's national animal is the porpoise.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iaeou's influence in Atlasia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Iaeou's influence in Atlasia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Iaeou's influence in Atlasia rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Iaeou's influence in Atlasia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Iaeou's influence in Atlasia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Iaeou's influence in Atlasia rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Iaeou relocated from Iouae to Atlasia.
- : Iaeou's influence in Iouae fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Iaeou's influence in Iouae rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Dominator".
- : Iaeou relocated from Lazarus to Iouae.