|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The NationStates of Ichu is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Yodle with an iron fist, and renowned for its parental licensing program, infamous sell-swords, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.642 billion Ichuans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Administration, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NationStates. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Ichuan economy, worth a remarkable 1,700 trillion Coins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 196,733 Coins, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Yodle is worshipped as a god, one lone government employee can be seen hunting for the elusive stray white dog, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school, and the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ichu's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Yodlism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, one lone government employee can be seen hunting for the elusive stray white dog.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, Yodle is worshipped as a god.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, the government is giving peace a chance.
- : Ichu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, minefields are being deployed along the border to discourage potential emigrants from trying to leave.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Ichu as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, all weapon research has been banned.