“Through Justice Comes Peace”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Leftist Assembly
The Matriarchy of Idezvoya is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Josephine II with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 4.99 billion Idezvoyans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Natangrad. The average income tax rate is 91.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Idezvoyan economy, worth 358 trillion Devoys a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 71,745 Devoys, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Idezvoyans submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, the government has been criticized for giving away Idezvoya's territory to anyone who claims it, and Josephine II can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Idezvoya's national animal is the Lioness, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Polytheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Idezvoya was endorsed by The Free Land of Jathuie.
- : Idezvoya was endorsed by The Community of Wispsent.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, Josephine II can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, the government has been criticized for giving away Idezvoya's territory to anyone who claims it.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, Idezvoyans submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, a determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, recognizing the Idezvoyan flag qualifies you for citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, religious leaders order congregants to love any neighbour who is just like themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Idezvoya, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Llorens, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Digitotuo, New Arkados, Ephros, Ghillemear, Transcommunist Republics, Kawany, Aardvarkanistan, Argentigrad, Anarchocommunists of the World, Henchikurin, Nangka, Elovera, Sincadenas, Rorlenland, Dyl, Picuros, Slackertown, Buttia, Antinios, Nepacton Murt, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Grod Island, Silverfish37, Kavagrad, New Volica, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Neu-Bethel, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Kaamapoori, Old Corus, Anioniotopia, Socialist Great Picardy, Soviet Catgirls, Island of Darkness, Claiomha, Asturies-Llion, Helionyx, Ezmwalia, Sauros, Shermani, Wagrurg, Eskhaton, New Samon, Podria, Das Pardgulew, Narodnya, and 2 others.Wispsent, and Jathuie.