“Love, happiness, equality”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The United Socialist States of Idilla is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, compulsory vegetarianism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 618 million Idillans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vysiyra. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Idillan economy, worth 10.3 trillion Niloes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 16,731 Niloes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's been a banner year for local vexillology, most ambassadors from Idilla retire only a few years after being appointed, nations that kill an Idillan can expect a strongly worded letter, and the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Idilla's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Idilla was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Idilla was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Idilla was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Idilla was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Idilla was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Following new legislation in Idilla, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Following new legislation in Idilla, nations that kill an Idillan can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in Idilla, most ambassadors from Idilla retire only a few years after being appointed.
- : Idilla was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Idilla was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Aumeltopia, Erinor, Hanguk-Nippon, Spearos, Barabarom, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Imperial Duck, Wehraboos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Quiescent, Xandev, Qvait, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, Aurcania, Empa Aserium, Agalaesia, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Anachronolandia, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Direwolf1, Sedunn, Phanama, Qawe, and Mapico.