|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Rogue Nation of IkJan is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Almighty One with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, disturbing lack of elderly people, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.02 billion demonic entities of IkJan are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ERROR. The average income tax rate is 83.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong 'Jan economy, worth 264 trillion Bones a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 131,159 Bones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
IkJan has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. IkJan's national animal is the Ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is War.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : IkJan's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom.
- : IkJan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : IkJan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, IkJan has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, gene-engineered sewerjacks don't smell but they do stink.
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled'.
- : Following new legislation in IkJan, the military will start wars with other nations on a lark.