“Tiocfaidh ár lá” Gerry Adams
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Dolla Holla
The Holy Catholic Empire of Ilstur is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Gerry Adams with an iron fist, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.495 billion Ilsturians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dublin. The average income tax rate is 52.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Ilsturian economy, worth 288 trillion Potatoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 115,511 Potatoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, ritual mummification is making a comeback, the daily weather forecast often predicts light showers of debris, and arms manufacturers and mild-mannered journalists have been outed as superheroes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ilstur's national animal is the Clover, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ilstur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Ilstur agreed to construct embassies between Dolla Holla and Miracle Realm.
- : Following new legislation in Ilstur, arms manufacturers and mild-mannered journalists have been outed as superheroes.
- : Following new legislation in Ilstur, the daily weather forecast often predicts light showers of debris.
- : Following new legislation in Ilstur, ritual mummification is making a comeback.
- : Ilstur lodged a message on the Dolla Holla Regional Message Board.
- : Ilstur's influence in Dolla Holla rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Ilstur voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Ilstur created a new poll in Dolla Holla: "Ask a question...".
- : Ilstur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Armans.