“Fun, Peace, Wallet”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Free Land of Immund is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mira Hedges with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful population of 4.749 billion Immundians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Immund City. The average income tax rate is 74.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Immundian economy, worth 558 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 117,673 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, pro-democracy regime change has been avoided, and EpiPen sales have skyrocketed. Crime is totally unknown. Immund's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Immund was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Immund's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Immund was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Immund's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Immund was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and Largest Information Technology Sector and the Top 5% for Healthiest Citizens, Highest Poor Incomes, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Immund applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Immund altered its national flag.
- : Immund relocated from Balder to The South Pacific.
- : Immund was refounded in Balder.
- : Immund ceased to exist in The South Pacific.