“To explore strange new nations and exploit them”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Emperor Gary the first|
The Empire of Indri Cays is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Gary the first with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 848 million Indri Caysians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arg. The average income tax rate is 55.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Indri Caysian economy, worth 94.8 trillion drognas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,830 drognas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The national symbol of Indri Cays is now always featured on a skewer, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Indri Cays, and unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Indri Cays's national animal is the aspidistra, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Indri Cays was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Indri Cays was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Following new legislation in Indri Cays, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Indri Cays, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Indri Cays.
- : Following new legislation in Indri Cays, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita.
- : Indri Cays was endorsed by The Zombiefied Republic of Qawe.
- : Indri Cays was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Following new legislation in Indri Cays, the national symbol of Indri Cays is now always featured on a skewer.
- : Indri Cays changed its national leader to "Emperor Gary the first".
- : Indri Cays changed its national leader to "Larry Duff".
Endorsements Received: 53 » Erinor, Quiescent, Saciu, Wehraboos, Farengeto, Ostanasia, Hanguk-Nippon, Linguiniland, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Anachronolandia, Land Without Shrimp, Agalaesia, Jehenna, The Filippinas, Pencil Sharpeners 2, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Aumeltopia, Barabarom, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Dasko, Phanama, Ariankido, Vincent Field, Jennaterra, Pays de Loire, Luddinlande, Aurcania, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Imperial Duck, Concrete Slab, Qvait, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Mapico, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, and 3 others.Qawe, Malonereich, and West Carlisten.