“Without pain, there is no progress.” Empress Akiiyo
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Mundus Noster
The Empire of Inouye is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Empress Akiiyo with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, parental licensing program, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.677 billion Inouyeans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tokyo. The average income tax rate is 40.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Inouyean economy, worth 90.8 trillion yen a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,170 yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, demand for night vision goggles and boat engine mufflers has spiked, the request to "give us our daily bread" can only be fulfilled six days out of seven, and back-alley circumcision clinics are popping up all over the nation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Inouye's national animal is the green pheasant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shintoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Inouye's influence in Mundus Noster rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Inouye password-protected Mundus Noster.
- : Inouye added the tag "Modern Tech" to Mundus Noster.
- : Inouye added the tag "Human-Only" to Mundus Noster.
- : Inouye removed Executive authority from the WA Delegate in Mundus Noster.
- : Inouye relocated from Geopolity to Mundus Noster.
- : Inouye founded the region Mundus Noster.
- : Inouye resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Inouye lodged a message on the Geopolity Regional Message Board.
- : Inouye was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.