“For science and prosperity!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen|
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.792 billion Iodinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Iodinian economy, worth 392 trillion ionics a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,512 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, workers for the environmental protection agency are patted down for tartar sauce every morning, and airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iodinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, workers for the environmental protection agency are patted down for tartar sauce every morning.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, private law firms are unheard of.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen to meetings with foreign heads of state.
Endorsements Received: 66 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Matdor, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Goodnamesarerare, Cameronia Excellentia, Ridann, Servants of Gizmo, Wiranath, Osterreich und Ungarn, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Fellon, Tretrid, Waldenes, Ripsylvania, Lingu, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Rohanland, Imprisoned Freeman, BuciLand, and 16 others.A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, BTProductions, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, and Castle Federation.