“For science and prosperity!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen|
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 803 million Iodinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Iodinian economy, worth 79.3 trillion ionics a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,741 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children dream of becoming physicians and physicists, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, they say that Iodinians made a dessert and called it peace, and police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Federation of United China Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Iodinia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, they say that Iodinians made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Iodinia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, children dream of becoming physicians and physicists.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, body doubles and armed bodyguards escort witnesses to and from courtrooms.
Endorsements Received: 44 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Fedele, Brotherland, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Marrico, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Sericena, Staynes, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wersh, Valincong, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, Johnny Appleseed1, La xinga, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ballpit2, Valdwall, Ramaeus, United China Nation, and Marrabuk.