“For science and prosperity!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen|
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.387 billion Iodinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Iodinian economy, worth 332 trillion ionics a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,178 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, and history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, Iodinia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Iodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Iodinia endorsed The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Iodinia endorsed The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
Endorsements Received: 74 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Sericena, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wersh, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Brethren, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Stellar Colonies, Matdor, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Goodnamesarerare, Swiftwhiskers, Cameronia Excellentia, Ridann, Servants of Gizmo, Wiranath, Osterreich und Ungarn, Evrigenis, Modra, Kalaratri, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Fellon, Tretrid, Waldenes, Ripsylvania, Lingu, Acronis, and 24 others.The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Staynes, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, Rohanland, SecularNorth, Tseriesiscoming, TM-Jesselton, Imprisoned Freeman, Philville2, Coruh, Filipopol, BuciLand, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, ArenaC, Nevertopia, and Santa Dystopia.