“Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.69 billion Iontanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The powerhouse Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 3,849 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 205,969 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Executive Leader's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week, a degree in The Executive Leader Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Iontanians, and cheese has become the new icon of political dissent. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Iontanians.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, a degree in The Executive Leader Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, The Executive Leader's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
- : Iontan was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Iontan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Achiotopia, Slaytania, Seranis, Matterland, Solleana, Coreras, Spncrgmn, Testa, Zyrcrestia, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Zeklandia, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, Seantonia, Better Indonesia, Kyrizstanislav, DunNaGall, Lacuna, Tijdtevelia, Anollasia, Samonaemia, Kilenel, Tzo, Austral Coast, Serlone, Dustwind, Sygnafylki, Oom, Killettland, The Marcolinan Islands, Maalemzya, Aspistania, Adorable Kittens, Echocrimsonia, Wysrod, Rex Republic, New Fania, Marchandal, Nooooooooooooooo, The City States Of Las Vegas, Sorya, Kuriko, HN67, Sorchamei, Nova Aeon, Keswickholt, West Coulee, Ignis Cinere, Calachia, and 3 others.DVVK, The Land of Whiskey, and Radicarcs.