|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Queendom of Iscos is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its public floggings, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 8.495 billion Iscosians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 74.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Iscosian economy, worth 35.6 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Basket Weaving, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,190 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, cars are banned, and Iscos has designated Capital Heights as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iscos's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iscos's influence in Missouri rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Iscos's influence in Missouri rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Iscos's influence in Missouri rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Iscos's influence in Missouri rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Iscos's influence in Missouri rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Iscos relocated from Purgatory to Missouri.
- : Iscos's influence in Purgatory rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Iscos's influence in Purgatory rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Iscos's influence in Purgatory rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Iscos's influence in Purgatory rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".