“Faith Unity Believe”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Republic of ISOP is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Shammakh Naserite with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 2.443 billion ISOPians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ISOP. The average income tax rate is 64.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient ISOPian economy, worth 356 trillion ISO CryptoCash$s a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 145,872 ISO CryptoCash$s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports, people experiencing anaphylactic shock are told to buck their ideas up, and park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. ISOP's national animal is the Classified, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ISOP's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : ISOP was refounded in Lazarus.
- : ISOP ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : ISOP was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : ISOP's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in ISOP, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in ISOP, people experiencing anaphylactic shock are told to buck their ideas up.
- : Following new legislation in ISOP, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports.
- : Following new legislation in ISOP, rabbits are known to spontaneously explode without warning.
- : Following new legislation in ISOP, years of counter-terrorism planning are foiled by small details.