“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Democratic Republic of Ita Puba is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 272 million Ita Pubans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 72.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Ita Puban economy, worth 6.30 trillion pubas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 23,151 pubas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ita Puba's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ita Puba was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Ita Puba was endorsed by The Divine Abode of Churumduul.
- : Following new legislation in Ita Puba, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Ita Puba was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Ita Puba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Ita Puba was endorsed by The Sound Waves of UnShleepd.
- : Ita Puba was endorsed by The Golden Democratic States of The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine.
- : Ita Puba was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Ita Puba's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Ita Puba, flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Agalaesia, Erinor, Mew Nation, Aumeltopia, Saciu, Qawe, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Barabarom, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Tsunamy, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Dasko, Novagentum, Ostanasia, Caer Krasinet, Tsvetania, Jehenna, The Filippinas, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Xandev, Quiescent, Farengeto, United Federated States of Omega, Qvait, Hanguk-Nippon, Ariankido, Rabbitz, Pays de Loire, BootJack, Luddinlande, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Aurcania, Upper Tyrconnel, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Churumduul, and Sedunn.