“Work to live, not live to work” Ruben
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Itanland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Ruben with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.376 billion Itanlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itandon. The average income tax rate is 4.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Itanlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,963 trillion Itans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 260,542 Itans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory. Crime is totally unknown. Itanland's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care.
- : Itanland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
Endorsements Received: 210 » Diodone, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, Ethnon, Yaorozu, Malta Comino Gozo, PlanetPunk, Sundred, Kwaj, Corfad, Great Bights Mum, North Bratislava, Bearical, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Napnomadia, Kasazzastan, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Frances Francis the First of France, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, Ninjak30, Xentherida, New Pruessen, Unsophisticate, Sunto, Wilkshire, Zumlandia, Cloydicia, Empy, Selfgradatude, Holy Oranz, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, Pallaith, Yukti, Warsaw-Halicz, Maott, United Draconia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Vincone Cae, The Windmilluminati, Wineclaw, Pasargad, Buckerino, Guer Aike, and 160 others.Asgardira, Universal State Formula, Moubarakistan, Orado, New Trisone, Tarr-Nation, Atain, The Sinclarian Provinces, The Iron Lions, Joodey, Niradans, Votak Matim, Egalico, Solmetria, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, Haor Chall, Trillius, Unimaginable Doom, Astronomical, Sea Ghost, The Discipled, Valhalla123, Nakayo, 1 very fast endotarter, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Acrabinnia, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Loutsland, Glurponia, Kobagia, Runeda, Daiz, The Tampa Bay Rays, Zeternia, Wisconsota, New Octicarg, McMasterdonia, The Stratosphere Islands, Abject Ludicrosity, Gnomewatchers, PotatoFarmers, Clan Spaniel, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Pazair, Seenvorland, Viridiann, Dabarastan, Lendara, Kingdom Of Manaf, Zyvetskistaahn, Ravendi, Interdimensional Zone, Castle Federation, Palgo, Praeceps, Valentine Z, Fendlium, Volstokn, Cobleck Weleis, Tachycardia, Lungha, Avemterra, Loli County, Hamerica, Merconitonitopia, Valatic Ash, Xagill, Woodsend, The New Communist Republic Of States, Wit Noreis, MiaryBhalzhack, The Endless Eventide, SherpDaWerp in TNP, Ihese, The Lancerian Empire, Crader, The World Capitalist Confederation, Yokciq Empire, SORT, Nisastria, Antiyard, Nistriabar, Varola, New Lakemba, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Unshleepd, Irishvan, Ereena, Hyphen, Serendipita Martia, The Pantheons, Korovan Isles, Fizban, Westinor, The Serdey Islands, Fauzjhia, Mesopotama, Greater Pittsburgh, Avastate, Fayyayid, The Ricebenders, Frostcell, PortvgaI, Sikol, Saperisole, Cowbridge, Hoglands, Iztocna Slavija, Zzozona, Plutayah, Prydania, I Like Killing people, Methor, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Asoc lon, Libertania Democratica, Kocherian, The Calabash Protectorate, Yalgora, Seanat, Pizza Squared, Arbor Marshes, Brucklania, Principia Mathematica, Arichia, The United States of Nuclear Weapons, Schnuftelland, Montinario, Hopsin, Maclare, Solskjar, Palisede, Highton Islands, Borsukia, Damsmel, New Jamgra, Innocentic, The New Cordian Empire, Xyrron, Madjack, Energi Empire, Eschatosia, Ihsan, Kragsgale, Xipher, Lionia, Simone Republic, Erubetia, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Free Nation of Hong Kong, Buckhem, Andexia, Ultra777, U S Eh, and Heilhum Imperius.