“Strength Through Compliance”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
The Kingdom of Itempas is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 455 million Itempans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, with Welfare, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Environment is ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.4%.
The strong Itempasian economy, worth 27.3 trillion credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 60,054 credits, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, organ donation is compulsory, Harry Potter books are banned, and pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Itempas's national animal is the sheep, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Itempas's influence in CISB rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Itempas's influence in CISB rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Itempas's influence in CISB rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Itempas's influence in CISB rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Itempas's influence in CISB rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Itempas's influence in CISB rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Itempas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Itempas relocated from Fridomme to CISB.
- : Following new legislation in Itempas, pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects.
- : Itempas was reclassified from "Conservative Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".