“I've Got the Moves Like Jakker”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Lights Went Out of Jakker City is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 8.014 billion Jakker Cityians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 58.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Jakker Cityian economy, worth 184 trillion Francoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 23,065 Francoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, a major religion has been named as Jakker City's national religion, Leader has just been declared ruler of Jakker City in an international press conference, and Jakker City has designated Jakker City City as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jakker City's national animal is the Daxter.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Dictatorship of Trans Anarcho-Communist Lesbian Catgirls dismissed Jakker City as The OH MY GOD WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING of Slatos.
- : Jakker City resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jakker City's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Jakker City relocated from Slatos to The Rejected Realms.
- : Jakker City was ejected from Slatos by The Rogue Nation of Zaz Raided You.
- : Jakker City was endorsed by The Borderlands of The Newer Nation.
- : Jakker City ejected The Democratic States of OBJesus from Slatos.
- : Jakker City ejected The Rogue Nation of Daxtastic06 from Slatos.
- : Jakker City ejected The NPA Volunteer Piper of Territorio di Qualcuno from Slatos.
- : Jakker City ejected The Impulsive Republic of Daughteria from Slatos.