“Маҷу дан ҷая бырсама-сама!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Unproven
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Sultan Azrin Aziz|
The Democratic Sultanate of Janapuri is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Sultan Azrin Aziz with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 22.99 billion Janapurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kota Sebatu. The average income tax rate is 87.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Janapurian economy, worth a remarkable 3,452 trillion Ringgits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 150,163 Ringgits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Pop sensation "Jack and the Holograms" is storming the charts, ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses, parents are really careful to pick the right gun for their kids' birthdays, and protests are illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Janapuri's national animal is the Payau, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Janapuri was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Janapuri's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Janapuri relocated from Osiris to The South Pacific.
- : Janapuri was refounded in Osiris.
- : Janapuri ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Janapuri's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Janapuri was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens, Most Efficient Economies, and Best Weather and the Top 5% for Most Inclusive and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Janapuri's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Janapuri was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Janapuri ceased to exist in The South Pacific.