“Striving for Justice”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Democratic Republic of Jendea is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.661 billion Jendeans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jenopolis. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Jendean economy, worth 73.5 trillion J-Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 27,614 J-Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, Jendea's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, graffiti graces every city's streets, and unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jendea's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jendea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Jendea changed its national animal to "Fox" and its capital to "Jenopolis".
- : Jendea altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Jendea, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Jendea, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Jendea, Jendea's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Jendea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Jendea's influence in Deutschland rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Jendea's influence in Deutschland rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Jendea's influence in Deutschland rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".