“Enjoy life and freedom, but serve the country.” JP Valenzuela
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
The Federal Republic of JMingozela is a massive, safe nation, ruled by JP Valenzuela with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, free-roaming dinosaurs, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.193 billion JMingozelans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valenzuela. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34.3%.
The frighteningly efficient JMingozelan economy, worth 155 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 130,522 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 404,881 per year while the poor average 32,396, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
The airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, and the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. JMingozela's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : JMingozela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : JMingozela was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : JMingozela resigned from the World Assembly.
- : JMingozela was endorsed by The Kingdom of Rozarus.
- : JMingozela was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : JMingozela was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Navsland.
- : JMingozela was endorsed by The Republic of Chips and Guac.
- : JMingozela was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Kingdom Of Wagies.
- : JMingozela was endorsed by The Sovereign Group of Companies of Glanst.
- : JMingozela was endorsed by The Free Land of Amprak.