“Fear is a powerful tool.” the supreme leader
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: International Sea of Memes
|Leader||the supreme leader|
The Militant Dictatorship of Joergenland is a huge, safe nation, ruled by the supreme leader with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, infamous sell-swords, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 912 million Joergenians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grenadia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 58.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Joergenlandian economy, worth 134 trillion joergens a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 147,033 joergens, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 808,924 per year while the poor average 13,557, a ratio of 59.7 to 1.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, it's always rabbit season, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu', and commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Joergenland's national animal is the communist, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Joergenland changed its national animal to "communist".
- : Joergenland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Arconian Empire".
- : Following new legislation in Joergenland, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year.
- : Joergenland ejected The Commonwealth of Wurstancia from International Sea of Memes.
- : Joergenland ejected The Republic of Democlan from International Sea of Memes.
- : Following new legislation in Joergenland, seafood restaurants assure customers 'If it lives in the sea, it's on our menu'.
- : Following new legislation in Joergenland, it's always rabbit season.
- : Joergenland changed its national leader to "the supreme leader".
- : Joergenland changed its national animal to "political enemy" and its motto to "Fear is a powerful tool.".
- : Joergenland changed its national motto to "Blood is impossible to wash out.".