|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Realm of the Whispering Winds
|Leader||the unwashed masses|
The Rogue Nation of Jolx is a massive, genial nation, ruled by the unwashed masses with an even hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 2.205 billion Jolxians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the ocean. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jolxian economy, worth 412 trillion universes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 186,941 universes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Piracy is the nation's most popular pastime, the "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, and children who display even minimal sporting aptitude are immediately assigned a personal trainer. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Jolx's national animal is the walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jolx voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Jolx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Jolx lodged a message on the Realm of the Whispering Winds Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Jolx, children who display even minimal sporting aptitude are immediately assigned a personal trainer.
- : Following new legislation in Jolx, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days.
- : Following new legislation in Jolx, the "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches.
- : Following new legislation in Jolx, piracy is the nation's most popular pastime.
- : Jolx endorsed The Free Land of Dislort.
- : Jolx was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Jolx was endorsed by The Free Land of Dislort.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Halcyon Nova, Books Rule Supreme, Hillbillica, Ilecht, Lemur Power, Xvraks, Explodicon, Lone Leaf Republic, Pirate States of Morgana, Toby Flandersen, Leifilsefairae, Twin Tea, Lucanli, Peachcroftopolis, Abra Havn, and Dislort.