“Una nación bajo Dios”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: Federation of Conservative Nations
The Empire of Juventini is a very large, efficient nation, remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 163 million Castillians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.4%.
The very strong Castllian economy, worth 13.4 trillion Dolars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 82,249 Dolars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 314,686 per year while the poor average 14,848, a ratio of 21.2 to 1.
13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, and politicians look weirdly alike. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Juventini's national animal is the Black Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, politicians look weirdly alike.
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Juventini voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools"".
- : Juventini was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, family bonding sessions are considered immoral and are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Following new legislation in Juventini, a stitch in time could see you serving nine.
Endorsements Received: 17 » TheGoldCoast, Viridus, Gagium, New Waldensia, San Carlos Islands, Laka Strolistandiler, New Inglaterra, Holy Rhinish Islands, Laurel, Barbak, Mietkael, A Great and Free Spain, The Greysonian Empire, My New-Germany, Thomastica, Alterrum, and Fluvannia.