“If you lived here, you'd be eating pie by now.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The East Pacific
The Kingdom of Kaigi is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lord Blake with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, avant-garde cinema, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 32.273 billion Kaigians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaigian economy, worth an astonishing 11,127 trillion Flabbergasts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 344,803 Flabbergasts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and children of nonreligious parents are often barred from school festival events. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaigi's national animal is the Sharktopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, children of nonreligious parents are often barred from school festival events.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, works of historical fiction contain a surprising lack of historical figures.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, the number of judges has tripled in recent months.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, retired racing Sharktopuses are served truffles for breakfast.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
- : Kaigi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Following new legislation in Kaigi, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
Endorsements Received: 141 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Kangarawa, Kriov, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Duracell, A Slanted Black Stripe, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Urimel, Elejamie, Bachtendekuppen, Brotherland, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Roissyland, New Leganes, TethehAlla, Norport, Survivoristan, Islandian Free States, The Empire of Rijelv, Aelitia, Slui, Praetai, Hobbesistan, Dremaur, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, Bolshikstan, Envisa, Aeneas Prime, Propwash, Arkantis, The Romanum Legio, Asendavia, Artimisiare, Danesopia, ReeK, Ribanzi, Headpat Central, Illen Falis, Xhaco, Harapan, Republic of Monarchists, Wendelandia, H-Zhena, Am Echad, and 91 others.Aristortia, Euricanis, Sicilla, Lucasia AUX, Akorial, Betremia, Airrajul, Saladass, Sansangra, Wiranath, Republika ng Pilipinas, Nysa Arcadia, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Eagas, Alkintare, Izonno, The Sacred Whale, Socialist Holy American Empire, VW53Aland, Mastariere, Qui sequuntur somnia, Ver Norge, Broengtopia, Someseni, Morkuldin, Galve, Riveraland, Peryn, Ravendi, Soirwren, South East Charmaracapa, Dreshand, Binghamton University, Dark Edgyness, Verketa, Hizuru, Grand Rheinland, British Calradia, United China Nation, Merlovich, Birdbow, Axdel, Fedele, Unger under over, Bons Boofer, New Arion Pean, The Happian Union, Elsweyr Land, Midwestern States of USA, East Malaysia, Tim Stark, Avalon Ascendancy, Eastern Hyront Scasssen, Thyaclinia, Lobos, Davelands, United Edwards, Kucia, Yumaka, Ridann, Marrico, Lejon Stad, Neruch, Shantan, Solarfall, Mer Dieu, TheRuthenians, Splena, Bullpups, Eastern Wyveil Strait, PIDLE, Superior Indonesia, Federated States of Zootron, Arpino, Gratefuland, Qyrym, The United Asian Republics, The Holy Utopian Republic, Statele din Roma, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, Janoobi Jazair, Kilkire, Just Vale 2, Walkerfort, Pekweng, The Redundant Republic of Republics, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Kobraland, Mystic Forest, and The Angel of Charity.