“Born from flame, hardened by the abyss.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: The Phoenix Concordat
|Animal||Diamond head Viper|
The Holiday Lords of Cinder of Kalaron is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Archon with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and otherworldly petting zoo. The cynical, humorless population of 10.421 billion Kalaronians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yharnam. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Kalaronian economy, worth a remarkable 1,869 trillion Sularons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 179,400 Sularons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
School teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, unwary hikers climbing the bluffs of Mount Yharnam make great practice for foreign snipers, foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best, and Kalaronians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalaron's national animal is the Diamond head Viper, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalaron's influence in The Phoenix Concordat rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Kalaron published "Winnower R-4" (Factbook: Military).
- : Kalaron published "System Map" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Kalaron published "Shrike-Class Fast Attack Frigate" (Factbook: Military).
- : Kalaron published "Spatial Warp Spool Drive" (Factbook: Military).
- : Kalaron published "History" (Factbook: History).
- : Kalaron's influence in The Phoenix Concordat rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Kalaron lodged a message on the The Phoenix Concordat Regional Message Board.
- : Kalaron altered its national flag.
- : Kalaron published "Overview" (Factbook: Overview).