“Twin Swords will Protect our Lands From All.” King Xander II
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Shore
|Leader||King Xander II|
The Transcontinental Kingdoms of Kalkvia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Xander II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and frequent executions. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.702 billion Kalkvians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Jackson. The average income tax rate is 43.0%.
The powerhouse Kalkvian economy, worth 278 trillion Reys a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,958 Reys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, Judaism has been named as Kalkvia's national religion, and male friends are often accompanied by a female relative in order to prove their 'straightness'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalkvia's national animal is the Albatross, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalkvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Kalkvia's influence in The Shore fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Kalkvia's influence in The Shore fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Kalkvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Kalkvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Kalkvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Inclusive.
- : Kalkvia's influence in The Shore rose from "Superpower" to "Hermit".
- : Kalkvia's influence in The Shore rose from "Powerbroker" to "Superpower".
- : Kalkvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Kalkvia's influence in The Shore rose from "Enforcer" to "Powerbroker".