“Land of the Sky”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Faith||the Church of Kannap|
|Currency||Royal Kannapian Krona|
The State of Kannap is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jeremy Andersson with an iron fist, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, public floggings, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 15.851 billion Kannapians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. The average income tax rate is 93.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth a remarkable 1,951 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 123,118 Royal Kannapian Kronor, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
It's not mass murder when the government does it, the new Nighthawk Supremacy Party is faring well in the polls, the insurance industry is outlawed, and heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the Church of Kannap.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kannap was endorsed by The Oceanic Republic of Octopus Islands.
- : Kannap was endorsed by The Purple Eco-Democracy of Entitize.
- : Kannap was endorsed by The Windowmakers of Window Land.
- : Kannap was endorsed by The Sexy Musky of Dwardossa.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, the insurance industry is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, the new Nighthawk Supremacy Party is faring well in the polls.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, it's not mass murder when the government does it.
- : Following new legislation in Kannap, Jeremy Andersson panders to nontraditional families.
- : Kannap was endorsed by The Palm Oil Avoidant Cyborgs of Turbeaux.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Groenwald, Ransium, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Meropis, Eryndlynd, Novian Republics, Mountain Ash Forests, Ownzone, Ironic Remarks, Elundris, Western Continental Divide, Feladria, Turbeaux, Dwardossa, Window Land, Entitize, and Octopus Islands.