|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
The Greatest Republic of Kanria is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Akuriya Tsuneru with an even hand, and renowned for its aversion to nipples, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate population of 3.896 billion Kanrians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanrihara Kakken. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Kanrian economy, worth 518 trillion Kauis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 133,087 Kauis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space', an enormous health awareness programme is underway, and people say chess victor Akuriya Tsuneru can kill you with mind-bullets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kanria's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Karinoshi.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanria was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Kanria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, people say chess victor Akuriya Tsuneru can kill you with mind-bullets.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Kanria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, throwing a sickie is a serious crime.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, you can call your arthritic immigrant neighbour for all your roof-tiling and guttering needs.
Endorsements Received: 55 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Arkantis, Kangarawa, Roissyland, Wiranath, Republic of Monarchists, Socialist Holy American Empire, Ver Norge, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Rhealaliit, The Happian Union, Osterreich und Ungarn, Gorbastan, British Calradia, Axdel, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Goodnamesarerare, Republic of Berzerkistan, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The Holy Utopian Republic, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Escade, Marrico, Talitoa, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Roliganistan, Avakael, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, and 5 others.Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Matdor, and Celannica.