“Pop Tarts for all” Joe Strummer
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: Capitalist Paradise
|Faith||Shouldn't have answered that issue|
|Currency||Show Me Da Money|
The Clampdown of Kaputer is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Joe Strummer with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 23.235 billion Kaputerians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Airstrip One. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kaputerian economy, worth a remarkable 6,938 trillion Show Me Da Monies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 298,613 Show Me Da Monies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Playing an online nation simulation game legally obliges you to buy the creator's latest novel, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, the fattest folk in Kaputer look to be the happiest ones, and prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kaputer's national animal is the Pug, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shouldn't have answered that issue.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaputer's influence in Capitalist Paradise fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Kaputer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Kaputer's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Kaputer was endorsed by The Corporate Confederation of Harthis.
- : Kaputer's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Kaputer was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Scotince.
- : Kaputer was endorsed by The Republic of Milagorod.
- : Kaputer was endorsed by The Allied States of Julunaphra.
- : Kaputer was endorsed by The Sovereign Group of Companies of Glanst.
- : Kaputer was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Canterburie, Tonakistan, SucWAti, Aelhaeran, Scorpions Army, Zenzibar, Scientia Major, Chsemo, Edison Culver, Poopsancagizal, Snorlaxia, Greybrows Puppets, Arbonium, Octal, Senexia, Republica JIM, UNDelegate, Nova Mazstein, KotkoLandiya, Sheepcote, Appoo, Hjerim, The 4th Mehtopian Reich, Julunaphra, and Scotince.