“From black smoke to a new treasure, all we see is ours!” Lord General Nelson Van Kario
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Capital||Gondar - Kemet|
|Leader||Lord General Nelson Van Kario|
|Faith||United Imperial Methodist Church of Zen|
The Holy Methodist Empire of Kario and Nix is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lord General Nelson Van Kario with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 3.3 billion Karnixions have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Administration, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gondar - Kemet. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Karnixon economy, worth 574 trillion Kanixes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 174,241 Kanixes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
History textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms, and female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kario and Nix's national animal is the Grim Wyvern, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is United Imperial Methodist Church of Zen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Kario and Nix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Rudest Citizens.
- : Kario and Nix was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 54 » H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, VW53Aland, Wiranath, Brotherland, Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Republic of Berzerkistan, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Kilkire, Pakitsk, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Socialist Holy American Empire, Libertanny, United China Nation, Liberstankonia, Roliganistan, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Marrabuk, New Leganes, Matdor, La xinga, Ridann, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Merlovich, Rage Mage, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, Talitoa, Tretrid, Ripsylvania, Azureano, Greater New Cassandra, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, The Eternal Land of Jong, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Jakubonia, Sovietsoyuz, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, and 4 others.Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Coruh, and Ephem.