“From black smoke to a new treasure, all we see is ours!” Lord General Nelson Van Kario
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
|Capital||Gondar - Kemet|
|Leader||Lord General Nelson Van Kario|
|Faith||United Imperial Methodist Church of Zen|
The Holy Methodist Empire of Kario and Nix is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord General Nelson Van Kario with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.354 billion Karnixions have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Administration and Education are also considered important, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gondar - Kemet. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Karnixon economy, worth 210 trillion Kanixes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 155,097 Kanixes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 444,686 per year while the poor average 43,039, a ratio of 10.3 to 1.
Tax rises are attributed to divine will, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, Lord General Nelson Van Kario's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, and sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kario and Nix's national animal is the Grim Wyvern, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is United Imperial Methodist Church of Zen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, Lord General Nelson Van Kario's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- : Kario and Nix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, holidaymakers sleep curled up on the floor as hotel beds are replaced with oversized bookcases.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, there are traffic jams at sea as diligent customs officers check every part of every ship.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Meritocratic Sovereignty of Lerasi.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Queendom of Encurage.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Fedele, Roissyland, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, VW53Aland, Wiranath, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Hizuru, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Republic of Berzerkistan, Someseni, BearStackof2015, Davelands, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Angel of Charity, Todd McCloud, Am Echad, Kilkire, Pakitsk, Kingdom of Pars, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Socialist Holy American Empire, Libertanny, United China Nation, Escade, Stanisiti, Marrico, Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Commodore Badger, Encurage, and Lerasi.