“Per Aspera Ad Astra”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Faith||Church of Light|
The Republic of Kelsyth is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lena with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.078 billion Kelsythians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alnelenora. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Kelsythian economy, worth 992 trillion Korunas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 243,491 Korunas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay, boys who take just one date to the high school prom are called 'losers', and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime is totally unknown. Kelsyth's national animal is the Hippogryph, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of Light.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kelsyth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : Kelsyth was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, boys who take just one date to the high school prom are called 'losers'.
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay.
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past.
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Kelsyth, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers.
- : Kelsyth voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
Endorsements Received: 83 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Ribanzi, The Romanum Legio, Survivoristan, ReeK, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Arkantis, Kangarawa, Roissyland, Riveraland, CopyCato, Sansangra, Ver Norge, Socialist Holy American Empire, Galve, Someseni, Squid Ruinosa, Wiranath, The Sacred Whale, Bullpups, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, British Calradia, Marrico, The Happian Union, Ridann, Thyaclinia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Axdel, Hizuru, Neruch, Shantan, VW53Aland, Gorbastan, Solarfall, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Pakitsk, The Angel of Charity, Indrapore, Enlil, Slui, BearStackof2015, Janoobi Jazair, Just Vale 2, Talitoa, Guthra, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, and 33 others.The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, United China Nation, Escade, Stanisiti, RovaMittala, Grossvietnam, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Magosconity, Encurage, Commodore Badger, Hedonistica, La xinga, Sreneck, Roliganistan, Avakael, Matdor, Adolanta, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Johnny Appleseed1, Eagas, BNV, Tim Stark, Ballpit2, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Taya Dust, and Celannica.