|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Imperium of Kievan Rosiya is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Katyusha Matryoshka with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 2.781 billion Kievan Rosiyans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kyyiv. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Kievan Rosiyan economy, worth 21.6 trillion Rubloes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Average income is 7,769 Rubloes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People often get liposuction to reduce their air fares, hotels often double as quarantine zones, newlywed misogynists complain about their wives keeping their maiden names, and constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kievan Rosiya's national animal is the Corvo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kievan Rosiya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Following new legislation in Kievan Rosiya, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths.
- : Kievan Rosiya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kievan Rosiya's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kievan Rosiya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Kievan Rosiya changed its national currency to "Rublo" and its nation type to "Imperium".
- : Following new legislation in Kievan Rosiya, newlywed misogynists complain about their wives keeping their maiden names.
- : Following new legislation in Kievan Rosiya, hotels often double as quarantine zones.
- : Following new legislation in Kievan Rosiya, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares.
- : Following new legislation in Kievan Rosiya, a nickname of "Doctor Death" probably indicates a decorated war hero.