“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Constitutional Monarchy of Kolstonia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its burgeoning sturgeon population. The democratic population of 326 million Kolstonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 32.9%.
The Kolstonian economy, worth 12.3 trillion Kolstonian Dollars a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 37,704 Kolstonian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", and citizens select which government department gets their income tax Kolstonian Dollars each year. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kolstonia's national animal is the sturgeon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kolstonia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kolstonia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kolstonia was banned from Official europaen union by The Spooky Scary Skeletons of Momoshiki.
- : Kolstonia relocated from Official europaen union to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kolstonia was ejected from Official europaen union by The Spooky Scary Skeletons of Momoshiki.
- : Kolstonia lodged a message on the Official europaen union Regional Message Board.
- : Kolstonia relocated from Osiris to Official europaen union.
- : Kolstonia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kolstonia ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Kolstonia was endorsed by The Peripherals of Paranoia.