“What could go wrong?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Zero
Location: Artificial Solar System
The Most Serene Republic of Krea Griopia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.671 billion Krea Griopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 34.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Krea Griopian economy, worth 115 trillion Grions a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,848 Grions, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tax assessment offices double as polling stations, Leader has just been declared ruler of Krea Griopia in an international press conference, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Krea Griopia's new capital, and when the air force says "Black Hawk Down" they mean the feathers of the Krea Griopian dark-plume goshawk. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Krea Griopia's national animal is the African Swallow, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Krea Griopia relocated from Shinka to Artificial Solar System.
- : Krea Griopia's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Krea Griopia relocated from Artificial Solar System to Shinka.
- : Krea Griopia's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Krea Griopia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Krea Griopia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Krea Griopia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Krea Griopia relocated from Merciam to Artificial Solar System.
- : Krea Griopia's influence in Merciam rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Krea Griopia's influence in Merciam rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".