|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Democratic Republic of Kuruti is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 450 million Kurutians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 32.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Kurutian economy, worth 22.8 trillion wrenras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 50,587 wrenras, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental, and an inkwell of goats' blood is supplied on school desks across the nation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kuruti's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kuruti's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kuruti's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kuruti's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kuruti's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kuruti was refounded in Balder.
- : Kuruti ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Kuruti was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Europ3.
- : Kuruti was endorsed by Quebekistand.
- : Kuruti was endorsed by The Empire of Some Random TNP Nation.
- : Kuruti was endorsed by The Republic of Zeternia.