“Paz, Justicia, Libertad.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The East Pacific
|Capital||La Ciudad Dorada|
The Golden Republic of La Costa Dorada is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Santiago García with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.61 billion La Costa Doradans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Ciudad Dorada. The average income tax rate is 84.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Doradanian economy, worth 287 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 110,161 Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government spends millions of Pesos every year prosecuting spammers, school football matches are usually five-a-side, misbehaving Kangaroos deemed dangerous to the public are shot and hanged by the town hall as a warning to others, and singing in public is only allowed if you are singing the praise of the Motherland. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Costa Dorada's national animal is the Kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Costa Dorada was endorsed by The Seeker of Managers of East Malaysia.
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, singing in public is only allowed if you are singing the praise of the Motherland.
- : La Costa Dorada was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, misbehaving Kangaroos deemed dangerous to the public are shot and hanged by the town hall as a warning to others.
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : La Costa Dorada was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : La Costa Dorada was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : La Costa Dorada endorsed The Seeker of Managers of East Malaysia.
- : La Costa Dorada was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : La Costa Dorada endorsed The Holy Red Lucky Pacifican of Ballpit2.
Endorsements Received: 57 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Someseni, Endertopias, Brotherland, The Sacred Whale, Axdel, The Happian Union, Marrico, Wiranath, Eagas, Ridann, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, Solarfall, Bullpups, The Angel of Charity, Republic of Berzerkistan, Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Talitoa, Pakitsk, The United Neo American Union, VW53Aland, Roissyland, Libertanny, Escade, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Blobbo, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Kangarawa, Commodore Badger, La xinga, Avakael, BNV, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Matdor, Brethren, Tim Stark, and 7 others.Feu de Glace, Eastie, Ramaeus, Ballpit2, Johnny Appleseed1, Marrabuk, and East Malaysia.