“Perceive the Sublime”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
The United Socialist States of La Mudita is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Executor Tarkovsky with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.138 billion La Muditans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mifune. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming La Muditan economy, worth 141 trillion Umas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 124,466 Umas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political detractors refer to Executor Tarkovsky as 'that Bigtopian puppet', there's never a spare chair in the retirement home, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself, and the sun now sets on the La Muditan Empire. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Mudita's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Mudita was endorsed by The Absurd Memory of Ravendi.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, the sun now sets on the La Muditan Empire.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, political detractors refer to Executor Tarkovsky as 'that Bigtopian puppet'.
- : La Mudita was endorsed by The Republic of Republic of Amal.
- : La Mudita was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads.
- : Following new legislation in La Mudita, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags.
Endorsements Received: 130 » Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, El Fiji Grande, Acrabinnia, Corfad, Frances Francis the First of France, Notyoutopia, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Dar es Saalam, Siwale, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, Great Bights Mum, Nakayo, Omnistria, 1 very fast endotarter, Aratani, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Valhalla123, Trillius, Napnomadia, Koda-Land, Victoriaans Nederlands, Selfgradatude, Kwaj, Sil Dorsett, Sundred, Torakuen, Shadowrik, Eri-Maqa-Ena, New Bremerton, United Draconia, Ibiscaton, Kasazzastan, Sunto, Guer Aike, Ostrolia, Egalico, Saturns Edge, Holy Oranz, Unimaginable Doom, Steampunk Ariel, North Bratislava, Newpromisedland, Pasargad, Spartoptia, Dreadton, Q w e r t y, and 80 others.Federation Terra Australis, Yummy Blubber, Ikea Rike, PlanetPunk, Plangainer, Black Templares, Maott, Jasminlandia, New Pruessen, Ethnon, Haor Chall, Moubarakistan, Buckerino, General COE, Niradans, Wineclaw, Amauri, Joodey, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Loutsland, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Votak Matim, Test for a new hope, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Elder Realms, Fayyayid, Xentherida, Constantinolia, Wilkshire, Makersaulache, Kobagia, Glurponia, Zumlandia, Steraz, Xzavia-Hjar, Bearical, Sockmanland, Penrith, Rkainjel, Vincone Cae, Runeda, Daiz, Cuyan, The Tampa Bay Rays, Lindsaystan, Orado, New Octicarg, Duerrlewang, Zeternia, McMasterdonia, Wisconsota, Miruma, The Stratosphere Islands, Orven, Juggernautilus, Guslantis, Racoda, Ponantine, Tamgu, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, The Iron Lions, Nothru Lerple, PotatoFarmers, Angshire, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Loli County, Clan Spaniel, Yukti, Pazair, Seenvorland, Viridiann, Dabarastan, Zyvetskistaahn, Parmovand, Eravonia, Republic of Amal, and Ravendi.