“Peace through Action and Achievement”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Free Nations Region
The Shogunal Margraviate of Laidir is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, smutty television, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 15.074 billion Laidirians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Welfare and Healthcare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aontacht. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Laidirian economy, worth a remarkable 6,286 trillion Florins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 417,053 Florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, camera crews have accompanied conscripted dancers to film 'Marching On Ice', doctors accused of having no heart reply that cardiology isn't their speciality, and children play Capture the Flag and Capture the Bigtopian General Staff at summer camps. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Laidir's national animal is the Hummingbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Catholic Humanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laidir was endorsed by The Colony of Himmel Ende.
- : Laidir was endorsed by The Empire of Artannia.
- : Laidir was endorsed by The Grandvassal Interstelaria of Ratakosha.
- : Laidir was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Laidir endorsed The Democratic Republic of BBoss.
- : Following new legislation in Laidir, children play Capture the Flag and Capture the Bigtopian General Staff at summer camps.
- : Following new legislation in Laidir, doctors accused of having no heart reply that cardiology isn't their speciality.
- : Following new legislation in Laidir, camera crews have accompanied conscripted dancers to film 'Marching On Ice'.
- : Following new legislation in Laidir, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Following new legislation in Laidir, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Narvatus, Grand Abaco, OF Arian Hellas, My Nation, Red Foxia, Emaha, Tylil, Corrich, Ulymein, Hetairaea, Free Pacific Republic, Tigerania, Sparsdan, EileanDonan, Doctors Orvos, Literian, Galali, Xurisha, Lanerfon, The Nation of JH, Ord Fiessulled, BurgerKing, Teshkeshia, Angelsnow Matriarchy, Phoenician State, Gufand, Ouji, Gono3lan, Sulivannia, Fine Television Programming, Hotak, New Collieland, Damerloodds, Pathon, Basalistan, Underwater Sovereignties, Decitealis, Tricastinie, South Asiania, Tenionistland, Gabeopolis, Amaryllisia, Moka Pamplemousses, Josskaland, Republic of Arstotska, Zedyeg, Rapid Cty, Saintrilu, Tan Talaba, Ramokee, and 22 others.Ste Franin, Jitstess, Heinricherstein, Alitani, RussellTopia, Terrarum, The Aaronian Reich, Montserrat Republic, Syrisia, Rakkene, Alphabeth, Indigoja, Kouper, Lovecraftopolis Puppet, Skaitan, Tiocfadh, The Republic of Awesometopia, Stmagos, BBoss, Ratakosha, Artannia, and Himmel Ende.