“Lex iniusta non est lex.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Greater Dienstad
The Corgi-Hawk Hybrid of Lamoni is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Andrew Stinson with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 38.211 billion Lamonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order and Defense also on the agenda, while International Aid and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nephi. The average income tax rate is 45.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lamonian economy, worth an astonishing 10,773 trillion Rushanas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 281,945 Rushanas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The tinfoil-hat crowd also recommend tinfoil wallets, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lamoni's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lamoni published "Type 220 Speerfisch class SSGN (Ordenite Kriegsmarine)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Lamoni published "Type 224 Poseidon class SSN (Ordenite Kriegsmarine)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Lamoni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Lamoni, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble.
- : Lamoni published "Type 216 Ochse Class AIP SSK (Ordenite Kriegsmarine)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Following new legislation in Lamoni, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Lamoni voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Lamoni was endorsed by The Federal Socialist Republic of Osea 767.
- : Following new legislation in Lamoni, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Lamoni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".