“Unity, Discipline, Work”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The People's Republic of Lan Inton is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, vat-grown people, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 1.652 billion Lan Intonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 85.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lan Intonian economy, worth 197 trillion Chickens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 119,391 Chickens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Lan Inton, discarded pennies litter the streets, voting is voluntary, and Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lan Inton's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lan Inton was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of IkJan.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, voting is voluntary.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, the breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Lan Inton.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, protecting the land is holey work.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, the freedom to be free is always just out of reach.
- : Following new legislation in Lan Inton, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Erinor, Volaworand, Saciu, Commonwealth Of Astoria, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Awjan, Hanguk-Nippon, Jaxon, Concrete Slab, Quiescent, Freedoom, Anachronolandia, Luddinlande, Nankyoku Tairiku, Aumeltopia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Tsvetania, North Prarie, Wehraboos, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Stoniamera, Ostanasia, Akindom, Farengeto, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, The Filippinas, Abarri, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Tsunamy, Dasko, Barabarom, Pays de Loire, Amerion, German Hapsburg, Wild Space, Kringalia, Qawe, Great Africans, Negoshi, Higash, Phanama, and 19 others.P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, World United, Mew Nation, Ariankido, Rabbitz, Srevana, PenguinPies, USNE2018, BootJack, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, Solega, Choodox, New Briantown, Sedunn, Upper Tyrconnel, and IkJan.