“We already know that which we need”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The United Federations
The Empire of Lanest is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Mark Trueman with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.401 billion Lanestians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taniba. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lanestian economy, worth 152 trillion Fens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 108,698 Fens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one, and cheese has become the new icon of political dissent. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanest's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lanest's influence in The United Federations rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lanest's influence in The United Federations rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Lanest was endorsed by The Exoplanet Union of Vooperian Paradise.
- : Lanest was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Lanest was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Marxist Germany.
- : Lanest's influence in The United Federations rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lanest changed its national faith to "None".
- : Following new legislation in Lanest, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Lanest, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one.
- : Following new legislation in Lanest, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Vooperian Paradise.