“Audax at Fidelis” Emperor Augustus I
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
|Leader||Emperor Augustus I|
The Holy Empire of Lanion Mon is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Augustus I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.669 billion Lanions are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mafille. The average income tax rate is 50.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Lanion Monian economy, worth 856 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 183,356 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Missionaries learn the hard way that their piercing spiritual insights are no match for arrows, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanion Mon's national animal is the Dingo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Aldanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lanion Mon's influence in Exodus rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Following new legislation in Lanion Mon, teens are voting on which C-List pop star will be next to be evicted from the opera house.
- : Lanion Mon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Aurelia"".
- : Lanion Mon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools"".
- : Lanion Mon's influence in Exodus rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Lanion Mon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Lanion Mon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Lanion Mon was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Lanion Mon, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Following new legislation in Lanion Mon, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts.
Endorsements Received: None.