“Tyranny cannot stand against a democracy.” President Dianne Dawson
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the Rejected Realms
|Leader||President Dianne Dawson|
|Animal||Cottonmouth Coral Copperhead Rattlesnake|
The United Realms of Lansaka is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Dianne Dawson with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.073 billion Lansakans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port King. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lansakan economy, worth 222 trillion Lafas a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 107,191 Lafas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
It is technically inaccurate to call the dead 'worm food', a popular phrase is "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we eat, drink and be merry some more", a PhD just ain't what it used to be, and clergy never mention brand names for fear of losing their government subsidies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lansaka's national animal is the Cottonmouth Coral Copperhead Rattlesnake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Confucianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lansaka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Lansaka's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Lansaka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Lansaka was endorsed by The Dreamers of Visionary Union.
- : Lansaka was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Farrakhan.
- : Lansaka was endorsed by The Colony of Parx.
- : Lansaka endorsed The Grand Utopian Commonwealth of Toerana.
- : Lansaka endorsed The Colony of Parx.
- : Lansaka endorsed The Fabled Archer of Chimes.
- : Lansaka's influence in The Rejected Realms fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".