|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
|Leader||The Chairman Boris Heelman|
|Faith||Capitalism - The Cult Of Money|
The Oligarchic Federation of Laporter is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Chairman Boris Heelman with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.12 billion Laportians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Charles. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Laportian economy, worth 793 trillion Laportian Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 155,073 Laportian Credits, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
The impoverished sick hang around outside golf clubs to beg for funding for healthcare, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu, you need a signed affidavit from a registered psychiatrist to claim that you have crazy low prices, and judges are rumored to find in favor of whoever bribes them the most. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laporter's national animal is the Nautilus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Capitalism - The Cult Of Money.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laporter voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Laporter endorsed The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Laporter endorsed The Empire of Kakatiya.
- : Following new legislation in Laporter, judges are rumored to find in favor of whoever bribes them the most.
- : Following new legislation in Laporter, you need a signed affidavit from a registered psychiatrist to claim that you have crazy low prices.
- : Following new legislation in Laporter, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Laporter, the impoverished sick hang around outside golf clubs to beg for funding for healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Laporter, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : Laporter was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Laporter was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Killer Kitty, New Rogernomics, Imkiville, Treadwellia, Captain Apollo, Aflana, Loftegen 2, Your Imaginary Friend, Leonism, Snoodum, Denado, Perchan, Emperor PJ, Americastrailia, Hickerbilly, Lingord, Fluffiness, Significantly Sized Bricks, SunnyPhiladelphia, Port Flynt, Rangers Brotherhood, Volac, Tiegenhof, Seatlantis, Lazarene Ryccia, NewLeaf, Steel Vagabonds, Elizabeths Faithful Servants, Galfni, Aguaria Major, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, Arnasas, Kakatiya, and Shangri-La Valley.